Saturday, July 16, 2011

He Said Wood...


I admit that, even at 36, I still sometimes have a Beavis and Butthead mentality. I have been working on a unique card collection of rather unique names. Most, if not all, sink into the mental realm of the above esteemed pair. Periodically, I will post one of the collection when I have nothing better to write about. Nothing like childish behavior for a fallback huh? Anyway, I present to you my first example.


I know it was the '60s, but you know he had to have taken all kinds of crap for his name. Even a preacher would have a chuckle. Mr. Held had a really long (huhuhuhuhuhuh) career actually. Over 14 seasons he had nearly 1000 hits, averaging 21 homers and 65 RBI's over a 162 game season. His career average was .240, and according to a short bio written on his Baseball Reference page, "At the plate, he swung hard in case he hit something". That pretty much tells you all you need to know.

He said "hard"...

No comments: